Maurice Mommaerts

Ask any questions you have about the process leading up to the actual jaw surgery here, including: braces, cost, wisdom teeth, etc.

Maurice Mommaerts

Sponsor

Maurice Mommaerts

Postby Tretreor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi everyone. Im new to this forum and very happy i found it :o Im going to do surgery to fix my long face syndrome, lip incompetence and mouthbreathing. I have a consultation booked here in sweden but i want to hear other sureons thoughts too so i have booked one with Dr. Maurice mommaerts too. Does anyone have any experience with him? Kind regards :D
Tretreor

Re: Maurice Mommaerts

Postby aleksandar12 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm seeing him in April as well, so I would be very interested to hear about your experience with him after the consultation. Please come back and post here or PM me. I will also share my thoughts with you after I see him. Also, while in Bruges I'll be seeing Gwen Swennen, who is also reportedly very experienced. You may want to book a consultation with him as well. It doesn't hurt to get as many opinions as possible from leading surgeons before your surgery.
aleksandar12

Postby aleksandar12 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I got a couple of PMs about Swnnen's contact details. Since it is really hard to find him if you're not from Belgium and do not speak Dutch, here's my experience for anyone else trying to make an appointment with him:

I sent an email to maxfac@azsintjan.be. This is the hospital where he works. They replied immediately. This is the response I got:

We can give you an appointment with Dr. Swennen here in the hospital, or you can make an appointment in his private practice.
He does not do e-mail counseling, so it is necessary to make an appointment with the doctor.

In our hospital the first appointment is on February 28th. If you want to make an appointment please send us an e-mail back.
If you want to make an appointment in the private practice, you can e-mail info@praktijktilleghem.be
Kind regards
Secretariat Maxillofacial Surgery
St. John's Hospital
Ruddershove 10
B-8000 Bruges
www.azbrugge.be
Tel. + 32 50 45 22 60
Fax + 32 50 45 22 79
aleksandar12

aleksandar12

Postby Tretreor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:27 am

Thank you so much for your answer! I Will send you a pm when i have met him. Which date is your consultation and why are you considering jaw surgery? Kind regards :-)
Tretreor

Postby sonria » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:50 am

hello,

I also had consultation with both of them (swennen and MM), for surgey in the maxilar (prognatism). Both look professional but swennen said it was necessary to remove 2 wisdom teeth, and MM said it was not necessary. That's weird to me, as the suggested surgery is the same in both cases...
could you (Tretreor and aleksandar12) give us feedback about your consultations with both doctors?

Thanks in advance.
sonria

Postby Tretreor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:29 am

Hi sonria. How long was the consultation with dr mommaerts? Dif you take some x rays or could he said the first second what should be done? Im having My consultation next Friday. Start to be à little nervous! Kind regards
Tretreor

Postby johnvarvatos » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi

I see you've met the two surgeons in Belgium...

Can you tell me about them...

Which one do you prefer and why?

Is there a big difference between them?

I am also going to undergo orthognathic surgery, but I can't decide which surgeon.

Thanks
johnvarvatos

Return to Pre-Surgery Questions