Double Jaw surgery underbite (bimaxillary osetotomy) 7months

Don't be shy! Show off your new bite and let others see the potential results by posting your pre- and post-surgery pics.

Sponsor

Postby roxy92 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 am

Hey everyone,

Bit about me: I'm 20, a full time student and HAD a class three underbite

I am now 7 months post op and would love to share my experience with everyone who is getting ready to embark on the journey and for the guys in the early stages.

Firstly you can view my full blog here: http://roxannajawsurgery.webs.com

A little bit about my procedure: I had my surgery done in March, it went for 7 hours and I lost a litre of blood during the procedure (no transfusion was used though as I'm young and healthy and transfusions have risk of infection). I had 9.5 mm removed from my bottom jaw and my top jaw was moved forward 6.5mm and a 2mm shift to correct a slight cross bite. Recovery was perfect and in fact better then my recovery from wisdom teeth extraction. No pain at all, eating got easier daily, no infection - so smooth couldn't have asked for it to go better. I had my braces removed exactly 2 months post op. I would recommend this to anyone. It's truly life changing. Can you imagine being able to smile and from any angle looking good! Its pure bliss. I got teased very bad growing up so I know that the psychological effects far outweigh the functional effects of a misaligned bite. Good luck with your journey :)

Roxy xx

And here is a quick snap shot of my progress in pictures:

ImageImage

Movements: Bottom Jaw: 9.5mm movement backward & Top Jaw: 2mm rotation to correct an ever so slight cross bite and 6.5mm movement forward.
Last edited by roxy92 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
roxy92

Re: Roxy's bimaxillary osteotomy 6 months post op! underbite

Postby reosity » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

Looks great, congrats.
reosity

Postby JayMe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:29 pm

You must just be loving life
JayMe

Postby Chinchilla » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:15 pm

You Look Amazing!! Perfect results! How Long did it Take for your Swelling to go Down to a normallooking degree? Im now 1 month Post op and i still Look like a Hamster;) BTW, are you wearinh beetlejuice leggins on One of your Pics? Haha
Chinchilla

Re: Double Jaw surgery (bimaxillary osetotomy) 7 months post

Postby roxy92 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:09 pm

thanks everyone :)

Hey Chinchilla, thank you!! for me it was about 1.5 months. My left side went down really quick but you can kind of see in my pics my right side was a bit swollen. I didn't really have much swelling i think because I took heaps of vitamins before hand and went for daily walks. But my face was symmetrical by 1.5 months. someone people can take almost a full year before returning to normal! A very unique experience I guess :) best wishes! any idea when your braces are off??
roxy92

Postby roxy92 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Chinchilla wrote:You Look Amazing!! Perfect results! How Long did it Take for your Swelling to go Down to a normallooking degree? Im now 1 month Post op and i still Look like a Hamster;) BTW, are you wearinh beetlejuice leggins on One of your Pics? Haha

and yes I am wearing beetle juice leggings by blackmilk :) good eye! haha
roxy92

Postby Chinchilla » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:17 am

:D i knew it! i got the same ones and i LOVE them..

yes, my swelling is taking waaaaaay to long for my age haha i thought i'd be almost gone by now but my family and friends still make fun of my chubby face.. i have no idea when my braces will be off, but i dont think too soon, because my bite is still open in the back, so im on elastics :/
Chinchilla

Postby navasharai » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

You look beautiful! Congrats on such gorgeous results. :)
navasharai

Postby MT SQUARED » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 am

WOW,you look outstanding,I'm really happy for you,you just made me more optomistic than I already was!
MT SQUARED

Postby Pink indigo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 pm

You look great! I can't wait til my swelling goes down.. I'm 12 days... We had sorta the same movements. Upper jaw 4cm up 4cm out and bottom jaw,9cm forward. Please tell what has changed for you..
Pink indigo

Next

Return to Before/After Photos